Monday, January 4, 2010

North Carolina


Welcome to North Carolina!
As a family we LOVE to travel and see everything we possible can. Well this past summer I learned how to sew. For real this time. I had done a little sewing when I was little but never took it to seriously. Then once Tim left and I was a stay at home mommy with a lot of time on my hands...I gave it a try. And so now as we know it I love it and love even more making things for Allie and for babies. And now I sell my bags on Etsy. But before I sold them on Etsy, I went around selling them all over GA with my mom. Well, one vending event I showed up at and set up next to an elderly gentleman and his wife. His name was Reverend Paul Brown. A Vet who is now a changed his life and set out to help others in need. He loved photography and wood working. (I ended up buying one of his bowls, they were gorgeous! Can't believe I don't have a picture!! :( ) Anyways, long story short. He told me about a cabin in North Carolina he and his wife love to go to. Swan Cabin. The picture he had of it was absolutely beautiful. Well, I was so excited about everything he told me about it that I had to get reservations. Especially since Tim loves to go camping. So a few days after Tim got home. We set out on our adventure.
And oh boy was it one! ;)
Tim and Allie on the front porch of Swan Cabin...see our smoke coming out on top? I loved it.

Tim cooking me his Um, Yum, Oh boy, deliciously famous breakfast burritos. Unfortunately, I couldn't even taste them! I was sooo upset. Our nights rest was HORRIBLE! I had woken up the day before with a cold. Never go camping with a cold...it's just miserable. Anyways, besides how freezing it was, Tim's truck getting stuck, in the mud, on a hill, against a tree. It had been pretty rough. Thankfully, God must have heard us freaking out and sent "Coon" hunters to our rescue. I was pretty amused at who he sent to rescue us, but was thankful. Allie and I froze so this morning was a very cold, hungry, wet, and tiring morning. But we had good food right?? LOL

See the sickness, and a frozen baby?? LOL


North Carolina is so beautiful. Hopefully one day we'll get to come back again. :D

Unfortunately, because it was so cold and we all started to feel sick, we weren't able to stay for our two nights. :( Yup, we chickened out and went into town and stayed at a local inn. LOL Hey, all I have to say is I was finally warm again! And to get medicine and shower in warm water was the best extra $50 we spent to stay there! LOL
So after our warm nights rest we got up and decided to stop and shop our way home. There were so many cute road side stores. There are so many in the south. You find the coolest stuff. Well, we came to Tallulah Falls, GA. It was beautiful there. Well, honestly the falls isn't very big. But the area around it is gorgeous. And there was this ridiculously cute shop next to it. So we stopped and enjoyed it together. :D




Isn't the shop cute?


We even got us some "old-time" candy as Tim called it...LOL...Is was really cute and very rustic.

But even though is was freezing and we were sick we still had a fabulous time together as a family. It will be something we all never forget! If you're ever looking for a fun adventure with your family Swan Cabin is definitely a fun adventure! :D






























No comments: